Thank you so much for honoring me with your nomination. It is such a wonderful feeling to know that there is somebody out there that likes my website enough to nominate me 🙂
If you get a chance check out his blog. He writes romantic poetry and sentiments that are straight from the heart.
– Insert the liebster award logo in your post
– Thank and link those who nominated you
– (After reading the official rules) You also have to reveal 11 interesting facts about yourself! lol
– Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you
– Nominate up to 11 other new bloggers with less than 100 followers
– Ask 11 questions of your own to your nominees that they have to answer
– Notify your nominees about The Liebster Award
– Include instructions of the process in your post
I think it’s okay if you don’t follow all the rules though, like the less-than-100-followers rule. Let it be 200.
11 Interesting Facts:
- I love journaling. I started “officially” journaling when I was 12 years old as a seventh grader. Since high school I have completed 26 journals of various sizes and am now on my 27th one, which I incidentally started today 🙂 I find it therapeutic and a great way to talk endlessly without worrying about judgment, boredom, or really any sort of negativity at all. Its very freeing and relaxing to me.
- My favorite color is orange. As a child my original favorite color was purple but then it seemed to me too many people liked that color so I went on a search for a new special favorite color of my own. On my quest for a color to call my own I found orange. A color that called to me and with which I could identify. It was a loner, nobody liked it, an outcast of some sort and no, not the cool type. I embraced it and started sporting it every time I could as a sign of my support. Now things seem to be changing and slowly I feel as though orange has become a new “cool” color. Regardless of its trajectory in the future, I love my color 🙂 P.S. I also like teal and of course cant forget about purple…and well so many others. I guess in the end I like them all. lol.
- I play guitar. I started playing guitar several years ago and fantasized about being an awesome player one day. I mainly use electric because it is thinner and in my opinion more fun to play, although of course I can’t say acoustic guitar isn’t great because it also is, I just prefer the electric. In college I played a few small shows on campus, it was fun. I am not an amazing player, by any means but I still enjoy playing and singing alone as well as with my boyfriend.
- I like to paint. This is a hobby that started in college. I have made a few paintings and enjoy hanging them on my walls. I think making your own things to decorate your home with is great and who doesn’t want art on their walls? Besides it is a different way to express myself and often times I like to incorporate words or poems on my paintings so its great!
- I am not a great cook. I am not terrible, terrible, but I definitely have no passion for it. Besides that I also lack creativity in the field as a whole. I can cook descent but that’s only because I cook a few things that I am generally used to making. Despite this flaw I hope to improve in the future. My only issue is that cooking takes a lot of time, time I could use to write lol.
- I worked as a high school English teacher. I taught grades 9-11. I enjoyed being in the classroom and thinking of new ways to teach my students various things about literature, writing, and the English language in general. I enjoyed discussing books with them and listening to their ideas. I also felt it was a time when I learned an enormous amount about the subject as well, it was wonderful. In the end I found that it was a great experience but one that was not well suited for me. I still think of those days fondly.
- I am a metal fan. I love the sounds of the very talented singers of bands like Iron Maiden, Pantera, and Judas Priest. The guitar work is beautiful such heartfelt solos! Dimebag. Dave Mustaine. I love the energy you can feel at the shows, people are excited to be there and ready to thrash! Attending a slayer concert feels like you’re in a battle field defending what you stand for. This music is for fighters, for having courage and standing strong. Summed up in one word: Badass!
- I love Ralph Waldo Emerson. He is one of my favorite writers. His essays “Self-Reliance” and “The Poet” are fundamental to me. He has a wonderful way of expressing himself and explaining what he is talking about. Hearing his words always encourages me and reminds me not to give up and to believe in myself.
- I have bipolar disorder type 1. When I fist found out I was kind of devastated, it was difficult to get used to that idea. I struggled with depression a lot and many family problems. My latest manic episode was at the end of February. I am learning to live with my condition and truthfully don’t find it to be such a terrible thing. Writing poetry has been a great way to let my emotions out.
- I have a wonderful boyfriend. I am so grateful to him for his constant support and love. He always encourages me to follow my dreams and go after what I want. I know a lot of people say they cant believe how lucky they are, but it’s true. It is a great blessing when you find someone in this world who you can open up with, someone who know you and loves you and that you can trust. Love is a wonderful thing and it doesn’t look like the movies.
- I am the proud owner of a cat. Before owning Vixie, I really didn’t like cats very much. I didn’t think of them really and thought I was definitely a dog person. I still like dogs a lot but I would never part with my sweet baby. She is so adorable, soft, and sweet. I love her so much. She teaches me things about life and enjoying myself; about being me and not worrying about others so much.
Here are my answers to Saiz’s questions:
- Writers are more humane. How far do you agree with my sentence? Why or why not?
There are many people in this world who are humane and who show it in different ways. Acts are equally as valuable as writing (people who perform charitable acts of kindness). Also just because you are a writer doesn’t mean you are humane. There are plenty of writers who are “evil” or who write for the wrong reasons.
- What’s your purpose in life? You only live once. YOLO. Right?
My purpose in life is to live out the plan God has designated for me. As Paulo Coelho writes, we are to prove ourselves worthy of the miracle of life. I hope to enjoy my time here and to make the most of it. Be the best I can be and do what makes me happy.
- Why blogging? Any specific best thing about it?
I enjoy hearing what people have to say. I don’t have very many friends at all. At all. And that is fine I like it that way. I enjoy time by myself and all the activities I can do as a result, such as reading and writing for instance. So, having a place here on the internet is awesome for me. All of you readers are like my friends in many ways. I appreciate the support and feedback and I enjoy reading what you have to write as well. I don’t actually “know” you (readers) but it is precisely because of our type of relationship that I feel we can be honest with each other and truly give support to each other in a way I feel people we know can’t.
- What’s you fashion taste? Party taste?
I don’t really party. I don’t like parties. It’s like I have panic attacks. I usually end up drinking way too much and taking small “breaks” from the people and hide out in the bathroom every so often. I’m sure not too many people notice but still its not my cup of tea.
I don’t know what my fashion taste is so I think that means it’s bad lol. To be honest I am not “in love” with my body right now so I don’t really like to go shopping or anything like that.
- What’s your say upon ‘love’? (I am curious to know this).
I think that love can be a very special thing. Finding a person you are willing to accept and who accepts you is priceless. They can help you become a better person and vice versa. There are no perfect relationships but I think that love is an opportunity for us to be the person we wish we had in our lives for someone you care about.
- Any Quranic quote which really affects you? (For Non Muslim friends, write any quote which you really like)
I have many. Currently in my life I am in the middle of deciding what to focus on for a future career. The following bible verse helps me when thinking about this:
Jer. 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Where do you see yourself in the next five years or so?
I’m not too sure where I will be in the next five years. I suppose I would be in my early thirties…
Some possibilities might be that I will:
- Have at least one baby
- Maybe be in graduate school
- Be a more serious writer maybe with two books published
I don’t know these things might happen but even if they don’t they are nice to think about 🙂
- Your one hobby which really switches you on?
I have several hobbies that I LOVE!~ I like to write obviously. I spend a lot of my time and money doing or buying writing related things.
I also enjoy making jewelry. It is so much fun to go shopping for beads and other supplies to make jewelry with I love it!
Lately I have been getting into planning a lot. I have been keeping a planner and buying a lot of little stamps and ink, washi tape and stickers. It’s so much fun to plan when you have so many cute things to put on you planner 🙂
- Your idea of motivating people?
I like to point out to people their strengths and unique qualities. A lot of times people don’t get many compliments or if they do they are not sincere or based on anything real. I like to observe people and let them know when they are doing a good job. Seeing people smile after you tell them something positive about themselves when they are not expecting it is great, especially when it is based on an observation that is true.
- Your favorite dish?
I don’t really have a favorite dish. I like many foods too many to pick one sorry 😦
- Anything which really switches you off?
Hateful ignorance. A lot of people are just dumb and quick to judge. I don’t like it when people try to put others down just because of something stupid or for no reason.
- Lazarus and Lithium
- Coffee addict
- Being southern somewhere else
- Pistol whip
- mental parent
My questions to the nominees:
- When did you start writing?
- What made you interested in blogging?
- How much time a day do you dedicate to writing?
- What inspires your work?
- What’s your favorite color and why?
- Where do you hope to be in 5 years?
- Your favorite post so far?
- Are you a spiritual person?
- What do you do for work?
- What’s your favorite book or author?
- What do you want to say to encourage other writers?